WHY SHOULD HOME SELLERS HAVE THEIR HOME INSPECTED WHEN THEY LIST?
Eventually buyers are going to conduct a home inspection. Sellers may as well know what buyers
are going to find first. It allows a seller to see their home through the eyes of a critical
HAVING A HOME INSPECTION NOW HELPS IN MANY WAYS.
● It helps price the home realistically.
● It permits sellers to make repairs ahead of time so that …
● Defects don’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
● Sellers have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs
themselves, if qualified.
● It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
● It may alert sellers to items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas
or active termite infestation.
● It may relieve prospect’s concerns and suspicions.
IT MAY REDUCE LIABILITY BY …
● Adding professional supporting documentation to the disclosure statement.
● Alerting sellers to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour the home.
Copies of the inspection report along with receipts for any repairs could be made available
to potential buyers. Call The Home Examiner for more information on seller inspections.
The Home Examiner, a home inspection company. Grand Rapids, Michigan